The PBX Operator is responsible for switchboard operations and handling routine in-coming and out-going calls. Utilizes paging system to contact physicians, employees, patients, and visitors. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of a patients status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to his or her age specific needs, and to provide the service needed as described in the unit’s policies and procedures and skills check lists. Demonstrates the knowledge and assessment skills necessary to communicate, educate, and provide a safe environment for specific age groups served.
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Previous telephone systems experience preferred
- Must be familiar with various computer software applications
- Able to type a minimum of 40 words per minute.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing